Arts & Science Transition Program
We are now accepting applications for September.
Visit our A & S Transition Program Overview page for an introduction to our unique program.
Who should apply?
- students whose high school grades and performance do not represent their academic potential
- applicants who have taken time away from school and wish to start university in a supportive environment
When should you apply?
Applications are accepted between November and August 30th for September start.
What are the minimum academic requirements for A & S Transition Program admission?
Applicants must meet the following minimum educational criteria:
- Must submit a completed application and have completed secondary level standing. Five subjects with the highest grades will be used to calculate an admission average based on the following criteria:
- One grade 12 English
- One grade 12 Math*
- A combination of three grade 12 subjects
* Note that students may be admitted into the program with a mathematics deficiency.
- Mature applicants (ages 21 and above) must submit a complete application; please visit http://explore.usask.ca/admission/special/ for complete details. Special (Mature) Admission is competitive and admission is not guaranteed. The admission decision is based on your written submission, demonstrated academic potential, successful completion of the required prerequisite subjects, and in some cases an interview.
How do you apply?
To apply for the A & S Transition Program:
- Submit an online Application for Admission or apply by mail[,] printing off a PDF form. Submit an application for admission with Arts & Science as your Planned Course of Study. Submit the $90 application fee.
- Arrange submission of your final high school transcript and any final post-secondary transcripts if you have attended any other post-secondary institution.
Please visit explore.usask.ca for more information.
What happens after your application is received?
Those applicants who qualify for the A & S Transition Program will be contacted and offered the opportunity to partake in the program. Once admission into the program is confirmed, information regarding course registration will be sent out via email. Course registration sessions will be offered throughout the registration period beginning in mid-June until and ending in mid-August.